Scholarship Search Information
One college search tool recommended to students is CollegeBoard.com, which is known to have the “Official College Planning Tools”.
Some of the many valuable resources available on this site are:
- College Cost of attendance
- Extracurricular activities available at the college
- What are the ACT, GPA, and other requirements desired by the school
- A tool to compare colleges
- A ranking of how competitive the application process is at the school
- What majors are offered at the college
- Demographic information about the school
- Direct links to the school to apply online or request more information
- Financial aid searches
- Fastweb, which has helped 50 million students find money since the site was founded 15 years ago, was the first online scholarship matching service and the first free national scholarship matching service. Fastweb's site indicates they currently have roughly 1.5 million scholarships worth $3.4 billion in their database.
- Founded in 1999, Scholarships.com now claims to be the largest free and independent scholarship search and financial aid information resource on the Internet, with more than 2.7 million scholarships worth a total of $19 billion in their database.
- This is a free college and financial aid search. Students can create an online account and see if their information matches colleges from all over the US or specific areas. Only the information you choose to send is sent by the site. For example, if your qualities align with a certain university, only after a request has been made by you, will your information be sent to the university. You will then have the ability to contact admissions and other school personnel to find out if the college/university is a good fit for you. Additionally, you can find scholarships and other means of paying for college with the site. This is a great tool for all students to start using even before their senior year!