TRIO Talent Search Mentoring
Assist students slow down the chaotic world of education
TRIO Talent Search, a community investment program, is looking for current college students who want to make in impact on the community and assist students make connections between school and postsecondary goals through mentoring/tutoring.
Starting in the 2016-17 Academic Year, TRIO Talent Search will be running an 8th grade Mentoring/tutoring program for participants, featuring college students. Time commitment ranges, with a minimum of 2-3 volunteer hours/month.
Requirements for students to fill the mentor/tutor role are:
- Enrolled in a local college/university
- In good academic standing
- Of reputable character (responsible, respectable, estimable, etc)
- Willing to commit to mentoring for the 2016-17 academic year (assigned school may change with change of schedule)
- Willing volunteers will need to complete a short training session and sign a volunteer and confidentiality agreement before meeting with TRIO Talent Search students. Successful mentors will have open conversations about college, help with homework, and encourage students to work towards academic and personal goals.